Support Back of House (BOH) Staff responsibilities include collecting used dishes, plates and utensils, loading washing machines, washing and drying dishes. Also stacking washed items appropriately. In addition, you will be responsible for keeping Back of House (BOH) clean. Prepping food items as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area by, sweeping, dry mopping, wiping counters, etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Stocking and prepping of food items
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work evening and weekend shifts
- Able to stand on your feet for long periods of time and move quickly
- Maintain a professional image and adhere to proper uniform standards
- Cooperation, communication and teamwork are essential traits for our team
0-3 years of professional experience in the industry.
Ability to effectively communicate to customer and staff members. Ability to write orders and translate the order to the Point of Sale system.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers. Ability to compute percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Menu: know all menu items, ingredients, beverage selection
- Production: produce quality menu items to comply with Sam’s Pizza standards without being supervised or told how to complete
- Have working knowledge of Sam’s Pizza Employee Handbook
- The level at which tasks are performed carefully, accurately, and in accordance with specific verbal instructions set forth from the Owners of Sam’s Pizza.
- Report for scheduled shift timely. Follow the criteria set forth in the Sam’s Pizza Employee Handbook as it relates to absence or tardiness.
- Show qualities of being able to work on your own, be self-motivated, ask questions and follow directions set forth by the Owners of Sam’s Pizza. Forward thinking for identifying problems and/or solutions.
- Demonstrate a positive and helpful attitude toward customers, understand their importance to Sam’s Pizza and understand how his/her job affects customers; establishes and maintains good relationships through interactions, staying positive, and portraying a professional image of Sam’s Pizza
- Present yourself in a positive manner when interacting with customers and employees Be courteous, consistent and pleasant at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand and/or walk throughout their shift. Employee maybe required to lift up to 50 lbs. Employees may be required to perform strenuous activities, some examples are but not limited to, mopping and scrubbing floors/walls. Ability to bend and stretch in order to clean.